Safe Skiing & Riding at Keystone, Colorado
Keystone developed one of the first safety awareness teams in the industry four years ago.
- Keystone participates in the National Ski Area Association's Safety Awareness Week in January by hosting educational sessions, fun on-mountain games and a poster contest for elementary school students.
- The company's "Space Not Speed" campaign, unveiled last year, augments the National Ski Area Association's "Heads Up" campaign and "Your Responsibility Code" and reminds guests to be aware of and make room for space around them while on the mountain.
- Slow zones remind guests to control speed and maintain a safe buffer zone at all times.
- Always stay in control.
- People ahead of you have the right of way.
- Stop in a safe place for you and others.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging, look uphill and yield.
- Use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe signs and warnings and keep off closed trails.
- Know how to use the lifts safely