Kicking Horse Mountain Resort Facts
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
P.O. Box 839
1500 Kicking Horse Trail
· Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is the first, four season mountain resort to open in the Canadian Rockies in 25 years.
· It is located 2.5 hours west of Calgary, along the Trans-Canada Highway. 3 million people travel past the town of Golden each year.
· The Resort is situated between two ranges of the Canadian Rockies – the Purcells and the Rockies.
· Six National Parks surround the Resort – Banff, Glacier, Kootenay, Yoho, Mt. Revelstoke and Jasper.
· Encompasses 2,750 (4,000 at build-out) acres of ski and snowboarding terrain.
· The vertical drop from mountaintop to the village is 4,133 feet (1,260 metres), making it the second highest in Canada.
· The Golden Eagle Express features Canada’s first, level, walk in gondola cabins.
Each Omega III gondola cabin can seat eight passengers. The Golden Eagle Express can transport 600 skiers and sightseers per hour. The 11,266 foot (3,413 metre) ride takes 12 minutes.
· 'Stairway to Heaven' is a fixed grip quad chair lift with a vertical of 1,230 feet and can carry 1,200 people per hour.
· Canada’s highest elevation restaurant, Eagle’s Eye, is situated at the top of the mountain. It stands at 7,705 feet (2,350 metres) elevation and can seat 130 indoors.
· A two-storey 8,600 square foot Day Lodge features a cafeteria, ski rental and retail shop, guest relations, ticketing, ski school and mountain operations. There are a total of 250 seats indoors and outdoors.
· Kicking Horse Mountain Resort has received a great deal of support from the town of Golden. In a referendum, nearly 94% of residents voted in favour of the resort’s development.