Breckenridge Activities Just for Kids
Breckenridge delivers fun and adventure on and off the hill for the under 18 crowd. The families who return to the resort year after year know it offers great learning terrain and skilled instructors, a safe and inviting town with an abundance of activities and a Rocky Mountain “cool” that kids love.
- Children’s Ski & Ride School - Children 3-12 years old can spend the day with Ripproo, the Children’s Ski & Ride School mascot, and friends gaining the confidence and skills needed to tackle the slopes. Daily rotating themes encourage fun-filled adventure and help to educate participants on topics such as mountain ecology and skier and boarder safety. Full and half-day lessons for beginner, intermediate, and advanced children are offered from Peak 8, 9 and the Beaver Run base areas. For reservation or more information, call 888/LRN.2.SKI
- LTR (Learn to Ride) - Nothing says cool like a combination of Breckenridge, Burton and snowboarding! Guaranteed to impress, excite and most import teach first time riders age 7 and older to link turns by the end of the day. LTR classes feature the latest Burton gear specifically designed for children and a smooth learning process, Burton trained professional instructors and a low student to teacher ratio. Fees include lift, lesson rental and lunch. For reservation or more information, call 888/LRN.2.SKI
- Terrain Parks - Mom and Dad may not be ready to pull a backside rodeo in one of Breckenridge’s three terrain parks, but kids will be impressed as their ski and snowboard hero’s like locals Seth Morrison and Todd Richards throw-down in the expert only Freeway Terrain Park located on Peak 8. Kids don’t have to be ready for the Olympics just to hangout and watch as Freeway is visible from the Base of Peak 8 and there are numerous vantage points in and near the park that provide great views of the action. If kids (or parents) are inspired to try a few moves of their own Breckenridge also has The Swinger Terrain Park featuring a beginner park and pipe on Peak 8 and the Gold King Terrain Park featuring intermediate freestyle terrain on Peak 9. Breckenridge’s experienced Ski & Ride School instructors can help show budding terrain park junkies the ropes, classes offered daily. Freeway is the site of numerous ski and snowboard exhibitions and competitions throughout the season, please see events schedule for details.
- Daycare - For visitors ranging in age from 2 months to 3 years, Breckenridge’s Children Centers provides the best of indoor and outdoor activities. Providing quality full and half-day childcare from Peak 8 and 9 allowing mom and dad to relax and enjoy the day. Reservations required at 970/453.3258
- In Home Childcare - Summit Sitters offers in-home childcare for children of all ages. Day and evening care, reservations required. For more information, call 970/ 453.7097
- In Town - Off the mountain kids can chose from a number of activities including arcades, shops on Main St., three ice rinks, pools, recreation center, sledding hills and more.